Friday, April 5, 2013

My Vacation Scrapbook

As my OBX vacation is coming to a close, I thought I'd share with you what I've done this week. Pretty much a whole lot of nothing, which is fantastic!

The weather has been kind of up and down, of course the day of my long run was the warmest but it has gotten cold and rainy and windy. The view from our porch:


Since I am a hushpuppie lover, I have taken it upon myself to sample a variety of them to test my palette. By far the best, which I kinda already knew, was Awful Arthur's. Oh so yummy!



After AA we walked across the street and walked down Avalon Pier. It had been busted up last summer during Hurricane Sandy and just recently re-opened. Glad it didn't still look like this:


My exercise partners and I took a 5 mile jaunt into Duck to check out the boardwalk, which I didn't even know existed the last time we were here.





We found a duck in Duck! 
We may have made our turn around at Duck Donuts and this time I had my camera so I thought I'd capture the process.



Back to the neighborhood to fly some kites! They are dubbed Sharky and Koi Koi. Each of them had difficulty flying at some point during the week but here they are up and soaring. $60 bucks on kites....check!


We were dying to try out Cravings, a restaurant that is part of a gas station. It was featured on Food Networks Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. It was pretty small and it took us some time to get service but the food was AMAZING!!!! I had the seared scallops in lobster sauce with truffle oil, holy crap it was good! It was so good I got it for take out the next night.





I convinced everyone to do a wild horse jeep tour and it did not disappoint. My dad wanted to drive a jeep and it only held four, so I went in the lead vehicle with Evan, Anne and Abbie. It was freezing, but fun and we saw some horses.




Love their plates!
The crazy wind and weather woke me up Friday morning and when I went out, the waves were the biggest I have seen here yet. The sun was out for about 20 minutes and now it is dark and cloudy again.


Now off to enjoy my last day. I think I might head to the hot tub and enjoy my last left over hushpuppies before I start to pack. What a great week of doing nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment