Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dreaming of a Marathon

My sister called the other day to let me know that she had a dream that her bridesmaids dress for my wedding was white and shear and she discovered this the morning of my wedding. She said I told her to find any dress to wear as long as it fit. She proceeded to go from store to store, with my dad none the less, to find any dress possible and then realized she was late for her hair appointment and it just continued on until she woke up. She said when she woke up she was kinda exhausted from her dream. It's funny how realistic dreams can seem and how we continue to be effected by them even when we are awake.

Little does she know her dress is blue and shiny!

Even though I haven't had one in a little while, I had a couple marathon dreams early on in my training. I have a feeling I'll probably have one or two more before all is said and done. I never sleep well the night before a race anyway. The one dream that stands out the most had me running along and progressing nicely. I got done with the first half and decided to take a break, change my clothes and eat lunch with my family, who had come to watch. Why not stop and smell the roses, right? Well, when I finally got going again I realized I would not finish by the cut off and I wouldn't get a medal, and we all know it is about the medal. I woke up feeling completely defeated, while realizing how stupid and unrealistic the dream was. Now that I am getting closer to the marathon, 21 days to be exact, I am sure I will begin to doubt myself and wonder if I have done enough to prepare.

Tomorrow is my last race before the full and it is the one year anniversary of my very first half marathon. Crazy to think it will be my 6th half marathon, all within the last year! Rob pointed out that it is one every two months. I plan to post my race report by Monday at the latest. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful weekend.

Last year, with my first race medal.

3 comments:

  1. I'm buying any dresses

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm NOT buying any dresses...........I forgot the key word
      Dad

      Delete
    2. Haha, I don't think you were buying it, just trying to help her find one. Which is even funnier if you ask me.

      Delete