Sunday, March 31, 2013

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted

We made it to The Outer Banks!! Thursday night after Girls on The Run I packed up all my stuff and headed to Syracuse. I spent the night at my parents and we were up and headed out the door at 7am on Friday. We stopped in Binghamton for breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then headed back on the road.

Apparently they spell things differently in Pennsylvania

Virginia is for Lovers

Our destination was Colonial Williamsburg. We spent the night there and then would continue to OBX on Saturday. When we checked into our hotel the suite was really cool and there was a Golden Corral in the parking lot.

Sunset in Virginia!

After we ate, we headed to Colonial Williamsburg to walk around and check it out at night. There were a lot of people out walking around and taking candlelit tours. Very cool! When I saw a runner heading down the main street, it was then I decided that I wanted to come back in the morning to do my run. Ronni and Dad decided they would come too and do a run/walk. I set my alarm for 7:00 and woke up first and was wide awake. I headed into the bathroom and got my running clothes on, all excited to run in a new state!

Running on historical land! 
We left around 8:00, plotted a course and off we went! I ran the first loop and they walked it. There were a lot of people running and biking and employees coming in for the day in their period clothing. We've been the Williamsburg a few times and I just love it, it really is like you are in a different world.






The weather was nice and cool but sunny. I got warm after the first loop so I left my jacket on the car and headed back for the second loop. Dad joined me and we did a run/walk around and Ronni walked on her own. At the end we all met up at a farmer's market they had set up on the modern side of the shops and stores. I got this amazing new Greek pastry that I had never had before. I forgot to take a photo because it was so yummy.



This will be my view for the week, not too shabby! It is a bit chilly today in the OBX, but I'd rather be in jeans and a sweatshirt then winter coat and boots. Happy Easter, long run and weekly recap in the next day or two.


1 comment:

  1. Nice view Stephanie! Is that your Dad at the farmers market wearing his "It's a Wonderful Run" shirt?
    ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete